How to prepare your registration

If you are a new student arriving at EHESP for the next academic year, please follow the steps below to find out what you need to do.

Please take time to read this information carefully.

Before you arrive in France

Once you have accepted an unconditional offer of a place, and before you arrive at EHESP, we will ask you to confirm some personal details. You will receive a registration package by e-mail, by end of April/Mid-May with the useful information about enrolment process and how to pay your tuition fees.

Send back the requested documents to

All students Enrolment form : a link and a personal password to fulfill online this form will be provided in you enrolment letter

Copy of passport or ID card

EU students Copy of the EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card) valid until the end of the academic year
EU and non EU students (except French citizens)
Training agreement filled in and duly signed
If relevant Grant certificate (CROUS, Campus France, other institution…)
Certificate of employment + pay slip

Pay your fees : 2 options

Your enrollment letter included the rate of tuition fee payable for your enrolment in the MPH.

If your enrollment letter contained a provisional fee rate, it is important that you check our website to know the actual fee payable for your programme.

Non UE students

You can pay your tuition fees in a lump sum or in three instalments.

International self-financed students are required to pay a deposit of 1 650 € by a due date specified in your enrolment letter.

In that case, due dates are:

  • Deposit 30% : 1 650 € by 15 May 2024
  • 2nd instalment 40% : 2 200 € by 1st December 2024
  • 3rd instalment 30% : 1 650 € by 1st March 2025

EU students (except French citizens)

You can pay your tuition fees in a lump sum or in three instalments.

EU self-funded students are required to pay a deposit of 519 € + the national registration fees  fixed annually by the  French Ministry of Higher Education. You will be informed of the 2024/2025 amount in July 2024.

In that case, due dates are:

  • 1st instalment by 15 May 2024: 30% of the total amount, i.e. € 519 + national registration fee
  • 2nd instalment by 1st December 2024: 40% of the total amount, i.e. € 692
  • 3rd instalment by 1st March 2025: 30% of the total amount, i.e. € 519

French citizens

French self-funded students are required to pay, by a due date specified in your enrolment letter, the registration fees fixed annually by the French Ministry of Higher Education. You will be informed of the 2024/2025 amount in July 2024.

You do not need to pay a deposit if you have a sponsor who is paying your tuition fee directly to EHESP: you must provide us with the notification of scholarship/support.

More information on tuition fee rate here

International bank transfer In that case, please clearly mention your name on your transfer especially if it does not come from your own account.

MPH administrative team will provide you with EHESP banking details (RIB).

Sending a “cheque” (issued by French banks only) This cheque has to be labelled to our financial officer: “Agent Comptable”.

Postal address : EHESP – 15 Avenue du Professeur Léon Bernard – CS 74 312 – 35043 Rennes cedex – France

Mandatory Additional tax – Contribution to Student Life and Campus (CVEC)

What is the CVEC ?

The CVEC is the contribution of Student Life and Campus.  The law provides that it is collected by the CROUS.

This contribution is “intended to promote the reception and social support, health, cultural and sport life; and reinforce the actions of prevention and health education for students” (Article L. 841-5 of the education code).

The CVEC, must create, consolidate and strengthen the different services in your university and your CROUS academy.

  • To Your Health | Easier access to health care on campus and renovate the prevention policy.

> Continue the development of academic health centers

> Deploy device relay-health students (ERS)

> Strengthen the work of university health services in the area of sexual health (contraception, STI screening …).

  • To promote social support

> Strengthen teams of social workers universities and Crous

  • To support your efforts

> Financing more projects and sororities.

  • To develop sport on campus

> Access, throughout the year, activities and more diverse sporting events.

  • To experience art and culture in higher education institutions

> Access to concerts, exhibitions, cultural demonstrations and artistic workshops throughout the year.

  • To improve the reception of students

Develop support activities on campus: discovery of the university environment, campus life offers, extra-academic environment (heritage, local cultural, sports offer etc.)

A mandatory process

The cost of the CVEC for 2023/2024 is 100€* for all students except for some particular cases (see below “Which students are exempt?”).

You can pay it from May for the academic year 2023/2024.

We advise you to pay the CVEC when you are sure of your enrolment in the course and once you have obtain your visa.

In any cases, at the end of the process, you will obtain a certificate of payment (or exemption) of CVEC.

  • You must provide this certificate to your higher education institution.
  • Note that your university can not complete your registration without this certificate.

Which students are exempt?

The four types of students exempt from paying this contribution are:

  • Fellows *  or beneficiaries of an annual allowance granted under the specific aid  annually
  • The refugee students
  • Students beneficiaries of subsidiary protection
  • Students registered as asylum seekers and with the right to remain on the territory

The fellows who received their conditional allocation of scholarship are automatically detected on site and can download at the end of the online process their certificate of acknowledgment CVEC without pay or advance charge.

Also, if you become eligible for the exemption from contributions during the academic year, you can get a refund of the contribution that you have previously paid. For this, it will suffice to make the request in September 2023 and before May 31, 2024.

Clarification on the granted – What grants are we talking about?

  • Scholarships based on social criteria managed by the Crous (Higher Education, Culture, Agriculture, …)
  • The grants paid by the regions (for students in paramedical training, health and social)
  • Scholarships from the French government (BGF)

On the other hand, are not concerned …

  • Scholarships of foreign governments (BGE)
  • The grants paid by a private entity (eg. a foundation)

If you are enrolled in continuous training scheme (financed by an employer or an employment agency): you are not concerned by this contribution. You have nothing to do.

How to pay your CVEC contribution?

Find here the guideline to create your profile on and pay the CVEC contribution.

To guide you through this process, a Campus France video tutorial is available here.

How to ask for a refund of your CVEC contribution?

You can be refunded if:

  1. You become exempt during the year: for instance, you benefit from an annual grant or subsidy (among the ones concerned by an exemption as listed above), but did not obtain the certificate until after paying your CVEC.
  2. You are not subject to this tax but have paid it: for instance, if you do not obtain your visa to come to France or if you cancel your registration to the MPH program before the beginning of the classes.

The refund request has to be made on before the 31 May of the relevant academic year.

At registration

When you attend your Registration Event you should bring the following pieces of information/documentation with you to ensure that you can complete Registration.

What documents should I bring?

All students Original diploma and transcripts (last degree obtained) translated in English or in French

Original passport or ID card + visa

To be checked by the administrative staff
ID photo For EHESP’s student card
For EU students
EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card)  valid until the end of the academic year To show to any healthcare providers you see during your stay in France

More information on French Social Security scheme here

For non-EU students & EU students who are not able to provide an EHIC card

Birth certificate : must be translated in French by a sworn translator registered with the Court of Appeal. You can find the list here

To provide to the French Social Security office in order to register to the compulsory  health insurance

More information on French Social Security scheme here